How do you get the water out of the jug?

General Discussion on whatever topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

User avatar

JeffL
Posts: 476
Joined: Friday Sep 16, 2011 10:02 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

How do you get the water out of the jug?

I experience really stupid asking this, but there must be a easier way so what I'm going through.
Lately, I've been ownership the two.5 gallon jugs of Spartkletts distilled water. The kind with the handy spout on the end.

Image

When you pull the spout plug out to betrayal the hole in the spout, there is an initial menstruation of water, then it stops due to the lack of air pressure in the jug. The only manner I've institute to get more air in, is to plow the jug upright, then plow the jug downwards again to get more water out. This ever results in a spilled water mess. The thing look as if is is designed to stay in 1 position in the refrigerator, with the spout in the downward position, ready to get.
Am I missing something?


User avatar

chunkyfrog
Posts: 33131
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Location: in a overnice, moist, Nebraska bog

Re: How do y'all get the h2o out of the jug?

Mail by chunkyfrog » Saturday January 12, 2013 ten:50 pm

In that location'south no relief cap on the top?
If not, I would make a pinhole in a spot above the air space,
and put a chunk of duct tape over the hole when not decanting water.


cosmo
Posts: 1371
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 one:15 pm

Re: How practise you go the water out of the jug?

Mail by cosmo » Sabbatum January 12, 2013 xi:01 pm

Image

It should have messages on the top telling yous to punch a small hole on top

Take that box cutter and make a minor X on the pinnacle.


ems
Posts: 2757
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:46 am

Re: How practice yous go the water out of the jug?

Post past ems » Saturday Jan 12, 2013 11:12 pm

I wouldn't carp with that big matter. I buy a gallon at a time and don't have a trouble pouring it in. It's and then inexpensive to buy a gallon (ordinarily 89cents to 98 cents) that it'due south not worth all the trouble you are having. A gallon lasts me a month or more.

If merely the folks with sawdust for brains were equally sweet and obliging and innocent equally The Scarecrow! ~a friend~


cosmo
Posts: 1371
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:15 pm

Re: How do you go the water out of the jug?

Mail by cosmo » Sabbatum Jan 12, 2013 11:43 pm

But the only thing nigh buying multiple bottles is the nazi taxes on the bottles

I bought this 24 pack at CVS the other twenty-four hours, I normally don't buy these small bottled water but I was in a jam. It was $iii.44 just I had to pay an extra $1.20 for the bottle taxation. The large i gallon and 2.v gallon likewise accept the tax. Sure its only five cents but I sure hate taxes

Image


User avatar

Deprival Dave
Posts: 1335
Joined: Wed Sep nineteen, 2012 vi:45 am
Location: Connecticut

Re: How do you get the water out of the jug?

Postal service by Denial Dave » Dominicus Jan 13, 2013 6:48 am

one gallon jugs piece of work for me... Depending on the weather, ane jug volition last me about 10 days.

using anything smaller would just fill up my recycling trash bins more often.

if you don't know where you are going... any road will have you at that place.... George Harrison


User avatar

tooter
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 two:00 pm
Location: SW Florida

Re: How do y'all get the h2o out of the jug?

Mail by tooter » Dominicus Jan 13, 2013 9:32 am

cosmo wrote:But the only matter almost buying multiple bottles is the nazi taxes on the bottles

I bought this 24 pack at CVS the other day, I normally don't purchase these small bottled water simply I was in a jam. It was $3.44 but I had to pay an extra $1.xx for the bottle tax. The big 1 gallon and 2.5 gallon as well take the tax. Sure its only 5 cents but I sure hate taxes

Image

Doesn't Mountain Jump water have minerals but like regular tap water?

Stock-still pressure at 11


User avatar

JeffL
Posts: 476
Joined: Fri Sep xvi, 2011 10:02 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: How do you get the water out of the jug?

Post by JeffL » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:42 am

Thanks everyone! I went back and took a look. Since my cataract surgery, I can't see things like this without my reading glasses, which I don't wear for pouring h2o, merely I put them on, and found raised lettering that said something like "ICE Choice Hither" . That should practice the trick.
BTW, the cutter in the picture wasn't mine. I lifted that movie from a web folio showing how to make a planter out of the jug.
I was buying the 1 gallon bottles, but one twenty-four hour period the store was out of them, so I got the 2.5, and it was most the same price as buying two 1 gallon bottles. I employ the big 1 to refill a ane gallon jug, because it is easier to handle. Thank you again

Update - I told my married woman about the help I got here, and she said, "I knew that".

Last edited by JeffL on Sun Jan xiii, 2013 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.



User avatar

JeffL
Posts: 476
Joined: Fri Sep xvi, 2011 10:02 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: How exercise you lot get the water out of the jug?

Post by JeffL » Sun Jan xiii, 2013 i:12 pm


cosmo
Posts: 1371
Joined: Friday Nov 02, 2012 1:fifteen pm

Re: How do you lot get the water out of the jug?

Mail past cosmo » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:xiii pm

tooter wrote:
Doesn't Mountain Spring water have minerals merely like regular tap water?

I was using it for drinking water. Simply I was explaining the tax/crv implications of multiple bottles


StillMe
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 ane:01 pm

Re: How do you get the water out of the jug?

Postal service by StillMe » Friday Mar 30, 2018 two:24 pm

Thank you for asking this question! I was having the same problem. :D


User avatar

Goofproof
Posts: 16087
Joined: Monday Dec 05, 2005 three:xvi pm
Location: Key Indiana, USA

Re: How do y'all become the water out of the jug?

Post by Goofproof » Fri Mar 30, 2018 two:48 pm

cosmo wrote: ↑

Sat Jan 12, 2013 eleven:43 pm

Simply the only thing about buying multiple bottles is the nazi taxes on the bottles

I bought this 24 pack at CVS the other day, I normally don't buy these minor bottled water but I was in a jam. Information technology was $3.44 but I had to pay an extra $1.20 for the bottle revenue enhancement. The big one gallon and 2.5 gallon also have the taxation. Sure its only v cents but I sure hate taxes

Image

Could movement to a land that doesn't have a nazi taxation on what you desire to buy. Jim

Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The fine art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the illness." Voltaire


User avatar

chunkyfrog
Posts: 33131
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Location: in a nice, moist, Nebraska bog

Re: How do you get the water out of the jug?

Mail service by chunkyfrog » Fri Mar 30, 2018 three:01 pm

The bottles are REFILLABLE--y'all practice know how to wash a jug, don't you?
Just take the previous jug back, and fill up it up.
I similar Arizona tea gallon jugs. They are heavy, durable, and have prissy big handles.
The tea is too sugariness, so I have to really ice information technology to get information technology downwardly,
but once empty, I use them for ages.


User avatar

palerider
Posts: 31496
Joined: Midweek December 16, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Dallas(ish).

Re: How do you lot become the water out of the jug?

Mail by palerider » Fri Mar thirty, 2018 4:31 pm

. wrote: ↑

Friday Mar 30, 2018 2:48 pm

cosmo wrote: ↑

Sat Jan 12, 2013 xi:43 pm

But the but affair about ownership multiple bottles is the nazi taxes on the bottles

I bought this 24 pack at CVS the other mean solar day, I normally don't buy these small bottled water but I was in a jam. It was $3.44 just I had to pay an extra $one.20 for the bottle tax. The large i gallon and ii.5 gallon also take the tax. Sure its simply v cents just I certain hate taxes

Image

Could move to a state that doesn't have a nazi tax on what yous want to buy. Jim

Those are the ones upward to their armpits in litter.

Get OSCAR

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.